Friday, November 1, 2013

Focal Friday!!!

I decided every Friday will be a FOCAL FRIDAY! This is going to be where I focus on one of my pieces of art and tell a bit about the featured piece. 

Today's piece of art is titled 'Beauty From Pain'.

Looking at this drawing takes me back to a hard time in my life. Heartbreak... to me it feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest rather than my heart actually 'breaking apart'. The pain is beyond measure. It makes me feeling numb to where I can hardly comprehend what has happened in the first place. I go through many emotions. It leaves me pointing the finger back at myself. I wonder how could I let my guard down like I did. I knew I had that wall up for a reason. This just proves my point. I know I have to move on with my life, sew up my wound and move on. So, I draw a picture. It takes my pain and transforms it into something of beauty. Looking at this drawing reminds me that art can be a therapeutic process. I will continue to create art and work on dismantling my wall. 

I have already sold the original of this piece, but I do have prints for sale on my Facebook page Creations By Nikki Lea.

'Beauty From Pain'
 





No comments:

Post a Comment